How to make services, systems and new technologies work for both the provider and end user?
From understanding context and requirements to usability testing,
we help to measure performance, and research with your audience to find improvements.
- Focused on making websites and services accessible, useable and useful
- An independent agency based in Essex
- Qualified in Google (web) Analytics
- Comfortable working with people and statistics
- Experienced in working with commercial and statutory organisations across the UK
- Helpful with developing new ideas
- Specialists in human computer interaction and preparing for AI
What we do
We also investigate what’s working well
37 Queen St
Essex CO1 2PQ
“We will be gamed”, alludes to how games are useful for developing and improving real world systems.
In 1997 IBM’s supercomputer “Deep blue” became the first AI to beat a reigning world chess champion. Though Kasparov went on to win the series 5:1, it was a significant […]
Previous posts in this category describe how Neilsen’s popular methodology of Discount Usability Testing can identity around 80% of a site’s usability issues. It’s quite “doable”, typically taking a day, with 5 […]
A recent assignment with local government brought home the challenges of introducing digital, agile and service design into a traditional service provider; into an environment that’s neither digital first nor […]